Saturday, March 26, 2011

Friendship: Awesomeness:)

I opened up my laptop, and as usual the slide show began. Lots of pictures of beautiful people, and then a flood of thoughts and memories started playing in my head. It was sort of a bitter-sweet feeling, because most of these people I hadn't seen in a while or don't even talk to anymore. I could feel my heart beating fast, emotions welling up, and the only thought in my head was "You are blessed, You have an endless list of people in your life". As I was adjusting to the happiness that filled my heart, my very profound human reality hit me, and all I could think of was "half of these people don't even like you". I was overwhelmed with sadness, and then my emotions moved towards indifference. It just felt like too much at that time. Looking for something else to distract me, I started surfing the net.

As time went by, I still couldn't shake off the feeling. Then I decided to face my demons, went to the picture folder, clicked and started going through the pictures one by one, letting my brain assimilate and flood itself with endless memories. I realized my life was filled with bliss at some point and sadness at the other. But still i know that I have had so much fun with people it shocked me. There were actually a lot of great and Awesome (Hence the title) people out there. To me, I see friendship as accorded to those who create it, who live it, who inspire each other, even across boundaries, give each other spirit and encouragement and learn from their collective experience. Friendship is Life. We meet people with differnt behaviors, likes , looks and so on everyday. And they inspire us, even though we talk less with them or of them, or have been hurt by them it was all a learning experience. Whether or not they are still in our lives.

Human beings are totally and completely Awesome. I know i have enjoyed every single day of my 21 years and its because people were involved. I know i have some pretty uber cool friends, that make it their lives goal to make me happy and sometimes its totally unintentional. In my brain is a lifetime of endless bitter-sweet memories. To me that is God's personal gift to me, and I would not have it any better.

So this post is dedicated to everyone I have met, you have impacted my life greatly even without you knowing it. I Love you, whether we are still friends or not. And I thank the Lord everyday for you, and I hope He keeps putting smiles on your face, just as you did mine. God Bless!

Here are a few Friendship quotes, for you to ponder on and appreciate the people around you

True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"My friends are my estate."
- Emily Dickinson

 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
- Bible: Ecclesiastes

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

Life is totally beautiful, and its that way because people are in it. I doubt you'd enjoy an Island alone if there was no one to share it with. Have a blessed weekend.

Aimer!

No comments:

Post a Comment